The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for contributing to the development of fundraising strategies and implementing engagement strategies to enhance and grow revenue and current and prospective donors.
- Help develop and execute company’s PR strategy
- Communicating and building relationships with current or prospect clients
- Create and distribute press releases
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Participate in strategy sessions to develop fundraising plans and tactics
- Develop new relationships with members individuals, organizations and corporations to increase donations
- Collaborate with other Clear Blue Sea teams to coordinate and support fundraising goals
- Measure and report on the performance of activities and campaigns
Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Seeking or possessing a degree in journalism, communication, marketing or public relations
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to build effective professional working relationships internally and externally.
- Presents him or herself to press and other stakeholders in a manner in keeping with our values and mission statement.
- Promote a team culture-lead and work as part of a team.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and have ability to handle unscripted situations.
- Skills in effectively organizing work, files, records, etc., to maintain efficient work flow.